by Heidi Arenberg, Lifestyle Editor
When I first laid eyes on Band of Outsiders’s Fall 2012 collection, I felt cozily at home. Not only do many of the ensembles include ditzy florals, plush fur and flowy cuts, they also vividly remind me of reading Little House on the Prairie as a child. And the midi skirts are just perfect. Longer than a mini skirt for more protection against the Madison cold, yet shorter than a maxi skirt for a girl on the go (rushing from class to class in a maxi is just asking to face-plant onto the sidewalk), midis find the perfect balance. When paired with a fuzzy scarf, loose tee and flat boots, a midi can create that fall look every coed strives to achieve—relaxed yet professional. You know, a look that allows you to flee from class to your couch (hot chocolate in hand) without changing.
Here’s how to get this look for less:
- Oversized T-shirt in White (Zara): $26
- ASOS Check Midi Skirt (ASOS): $88
- Faux Fur Tuck Stole in Grey (Topshop): $40
- Natural Soul Tabitha Buckle Boot in Beige (DSW): $60
- Marled Sweater Crew Sock in Natural (Urban Outfitters): $10