by Chloe Karaskiewicz, Fashion Writer
Phillip Lim’s Fall/Winter 2012 collection is modern: elegant and clean-cut, cast mostly in classic black and white. Wear this ensemble out for a classy holiday party, a work outing, or an important interview. This season is all about glamour: glitz in glitter, ornate brocade or simply chic, with pieces exhibiting a tasteful cut and subtly feminine details. The tailored suit is the ultimate in modern femininity, given the power it holds and the style it exudes. Adopt Lim’s look in the traditional tuxedo black, or reverse the colors and incorporate the whiteout trend for winter.
- Classic: Pixie Tuxedo Pant (J.Crew): $118
- Classic: Tuxedo Jacket (The Limited): $128
- Black: Worthington Tuxedo-Striped Ankle Pants (JC Penney): $17
- Edgy: Silence & Noise Freeway Moto Jacket in Black (Urban Outfitters): $59
- Truly Madly Deeply V-Neck Pocket Tee in White (Urban Outfitters): $24, online only
- Brash Kosmic Platform Pump in Black (Payless): $25