by Chloe Karaskiewicz, Fashion Writer
For Bill Gaytten’s penultimate hurrah at Dior, the designer envisioned a “soft modernity” for fall, creating pieces with a distinguished air of femininity. With a nod to the house’s distinguished past, seen in full skirts and a modern rendition of the iconic Bar jacket, Gayttten played with structure and textured fabrics like fur and crushed velvet. Mid-calf hemlines ruled alongside black, ankle grazing cigarette pants, and waists were accentuated with structurally enhanced hips, peplum, thick, shiny metal belts and high-waisted skirts.
Emulate this high fashion style from Dior with a neutral top and a jewel tone skirt. Try a skirt with hem detailing and a bold necklace to liven up the whole look.
- Bubble Necklace in Garnet (Etsy): $15
- Bib Collar (Accessorize): $37
- Black Tee (J.Crew): $15
- Skater Skirt in Darkgreen (Chicwish): $40
- Skater Skirt in Gold (House of Fraser): $40
- Ankle strap pumps in Eggplant (ModCloth): $45