I’m going to let you in on a secret I’ve been excited about for about a week now. Well, it’s not quite a secret. Actually, it’s under-advertised but not secretive at all. Nonetheless, still cool.
Walgreens now prints Instagram photos directly from your smartphone. All you’ve got to do is download the Walgreens application and after a few clicks, your prints are on the way. It’s no different than ordering normal photos, and they even come in that familiar square shape. So kitschy.
I have more news: I’m graduating in a month. With #UWRightNow fresh on my mind, it’s becoming a little too real. I love this school. Some of my best memories occurred here. While I’m excited for what’s next, I can’t say I’m exactly ready to leave the best place on earth.
Behold: my Instagram project. Of course, I’ve been dutifully documenting every memory here at UW. I don’t always carry a camera but I always have my phone, so I’ve accumulated months’ worth of photographic evidence of what an amazing experience I’ve had at this university.
Since Walgreens made it so easy to do, I decided to print them off and showcase my memories. Below, I’ll show you what I’ve done with my Instagram photos as an example. I’ll also include links to additional ideas, in case you’re feeling extra creative.
This is a super straightforward project and shouldn’t take you longer than 10 minutes. I used a long, single strand of hemp, 3 tacks, and a few small paper clips. You could use just about any variation of these items. Push the tacks into your wall at an equal distance from each other, loop the hemp around the tacks, and attach the photos with the paper clips.
1. Coasters: (link: http://www.gussysews.com/2012/11/instagram-coasters-diy/) These could also be used as wall art!
2. Travel Map: (link: http://blog.postalpix.com/customer-spotlight-pen-pal-instagram-map/) This is a great idea if you’ve done a lot of traveling, especially for Badgers who have studied abroad!
3. Photo display: (link: http://blog.postalpix.com/thrifted-office-mailbox-instagram-print-display/) This is a good idea if you’re looking for something a little more substantial. This will definitely spruce up your decor!
4. Corner heart display: (link: http://blog.postalpix.com/corner-heart-display-with-iphone-photo-prints-diy/) This would be very simple to do and looks amazing!
5. Photo tags: (link: http://blog.postalpix.com/instagram-photo-prints-hang-tags-diy/) Last but not least. Feel free to use this idea for sending me graduation gifts.