With technology expanding our world by the minute, the busy, fashion savvy college student must always be able to keep up with the latest trends on the go. Fortunately, there are many apps that are compatible with both Apple and Android smart phones that can keep one well informed and up-to-date on the happenings in the fashion community. In addition to the common-yet-essential social media apps of Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest, below is a list of the top five, free fashion apps that every girl should include in her “wardrobe” to stay ahead of the current trends.
Apps: Style.com, Vogue UK, Net-a-Porter, Cloth, Polyvore
- Style.com is the preferred app to receive the latest updates regarding fashion week from the fashion capitols, New York City, London, Milan, and Paris. The app houses an extensive archive of the top-designers’ women’s ready-to-wear and couture collections, including men’s style coverage as well. The app also streams narrated videos summarizing and critiquing the best shows with exclusive interviews from the front row and backstage.
2.) Vogue UK
- Vogue UK, compared to all of the other Vogue apps, is by far the best. Being one of the most well-known and prestigious fashion print publications throughout the world, Vogue stories are always reliable. This app constantly keeps fashionistas up-to-date on current events in fashion both on and off the catwalk. Even though a majority of the stories are presented through a British perspective, this app is still a great source of information for all things related to fashion.
- Known for being the largest online retailer of luxury women’s apparel and merchandise, Net-a-Porter’s app brings easy access to current, trendy styles. After browsing through all the top-designer products from this season’s ready-to-wear collections the fashion-obsessed girl will become inspired to create her own take on a runway look. Even though she may not necessarily be able to afford many of these fashionable desirables, a girl can certainly dream can’t she?
- Cloth is an app that allows the average fashionista to save, organize, and share her daily looks. By simply snapping a picture of her outfit of the day, her look will be saved according to occasion. This app allows her to document her favorite outfits whilst inspiring her to never repeat the exact same look again. The app offers an upgrade that is compatible with the local weather in order to give her wardrobe advice according to current local conditions as well.
- Polyvore is an app that brings out a fashionista’s creative side. The app allows the fashion savvy individual to assemble collages of her favorite looks and trends on her mobile device. She can also share her creations through all portals of social media, and, in addition, can discover what to shop for or how to shop her own closet.
Photo Credit: digitaldigest.com