With fall still in full swing and the beginning of cold weather creeping in, we beauty lovers are growing tired of the same old hairstyles and are ready for some innovative twists on all our favorites. The classic half-back and pony are growing increasingly drab as the days get darker and the weather gets frostier. The cooler weather makes sleeping in an even more seductive option, leaving less time to spend on getting ready in the mornings. Your hair can make or break your daily appearance and attitude, either inspiring confidence or making you feel sloppy. Try out some of these simple and fun hairstyles to spice up your hair life before hat weather fully takes over.
- Divide your hair in half and pull it towards one side of your head.
- Loop your hair in a weaving pattern, as though you were creating a knot with string. Repeat this step again to form a full knot.
- Insert bobby pins, preferably the color of your hair, into the knot, securing it to your head. Add a clear elastic just below the knot to hold it in place and create the ponytail. Finish with a bit of hairspray.
Triple Topsy Turvy
- Start by dividing your hair into three levels going across your head ear to ear. Secure each section with a different elastic so there are three separate ponytails.
- Starting at the stop, slip the top ponytail through its base, just beneath the elastic. Repeat this step with the second ponytail. After it has been flipped, take the top ponytail’s hair and pull it through the second ponytail’s loop. You should now have two ponytails.
- Now, gather the hair from the top two ponytails and combine it with the last pony. Flip all of the hair like you did with the first two ponytails. Once your final pony has been finished, loosen the ponytails up a bit for a more natural look.
- Grab a bit of hair from each side of your hair and twist them till the meet in the back of your head. Use an elastic to band the two pieces together.
- With the loose end of the ponytail, fishtail braid it all the way to the bottom. Add another elastic at the bottom to secure the braid.
- To fishtail, start by dividing the section of hair in half. Take little bits of each half of hair and alternately weave them over each other. The smaller the piece of hair you use, the more intricate the braid will look.
- Start by smoothing your hair into a tight, sleek ponytail. You want the pony to be high up so that the knot will sit on top of your head.
- Divide your ponytail in half and twist them all the way to their ends. Take your two twists and wrap them around each other, creating a spiral-like bun.
- Secure the ends of each by using bobby pins. Add additional bobby pins throughout the bun to connect it to your head and hold the twists together. Finish by adding hairspray.