Spring break is right around the corner, which means it’s crunch time to save some money and shed those last few winter pounds before heading out for a warm week away. Fortunately, these tips will help you save money, and some will even help you get bikini ready.
1. First and foremost, refrain from the daily morning coffee run. Pull your cute coffee tumbler out and put it to use. When you need an afternoon pick-me-up, stop home and quickly brew a cup.
2. Plan out your meals, and make a shopping list on your phone. Not only will this save you time and stress during the week, but it will also save you money at the store. Wandering aimlessly through the aisles will lead to buy unhealthy junk food you might not need.
3. Buy items on sale, but only the essentials. Think fruits, veggies or toiletries.
4. Does anyone else miss the days when you could buy an entire swimsuit set for one price? With this nostalgia in mind, buy only a swim top or bottom to pair with a top or bottom you already own.
5. Find free (or super cheap) ways of entertainment. Have a movie night with your bestie, host a game night or drag your friends to Zumba at the gym.
6. Skip the late-night snack splurge. Instead of rationalizing why you deserve the big M&M cookie after a long day of studying, save your money by bringing snacks from home.
7. Dust off your old piggy bank and start saving extra change you find in your pockets at the end of the day. It’ll add up by the time break rolls around.
8. Stop justifying your online shopping habits. Just because it’s on sale doesn’t mean you’re not spending money.
9. Vow not to use your credit card until spring break. Only spend money you absolutely have. Before you spend your money, decide whether you want to spend the money now, or later on fun souvenirs at your destination.
10. Use Spotify or Pandora instead of spending money on music. $1.29 per song adds up quickly.
With these simple habits, your wallet will bulk up by the end of the month, and you’ll feel guilt-free when you purchase a neon tank top or countless tropical smoothies during your trip.