The Golden Globe Awards come around to honor and celebrate the best film and television achievements of the year. In the past, actors and actresses have taken their time to bask in the spotlight, but this year was different. Winners in their respective categories used their time on the red carpet and the stage to show solidarity with their peers. Specifically, men supporting women and women supporting other women. The underlying political theme “Times Up” (an initiative to end sexual misconduct in both personal and professional realms) prompted everyone in attendance to wear black, which resulted in some stunning looks for the night. Although the meaning behind the black dress is more important than the garment itself, we can still recognize the best looks of the night.
5. Diane Kruger in Prada. The gorgeous, flowing, dot mesh, beaded cape is what put this look in the winners circle.
4. Tracee Ellis Ross in Marc Jacobs. The stunning silk headdress paired with this gown pulled the look together and made Ellis Ross stand out in all the right ways.
3. Millie Bobby Brown in Calvin Klein. This dress might be boring on its own, but styled with silver sandals and a sleek hair do gave this young actress a very polished look.
2. Nicole Kidman in Givenchy. This dress was the epitome of sophisticated and sexy.
- Zoe Kravitz in Saint Laurent. The simplicity of this entire look was perfect for Kravitz. The figure-hugging dress fit perfectly and emerald colored earrings complemented her face beautifully.
Photos courtesy of elle.com